1. Solar Keyboard from Logitech.
- I have been using the Windows version of the solar Logitech keyboard. I kept using wired keyboards because I didn’t like changing batteries. This solves that problem, and removes some cable clutter.
- I now also have the mac version for my Macintosh.
2. Wireless touchpad from Logitech
- It is rechargeable by USB cable, and otherwise wireless and uses the same wireless adapter as my keyboard.
- Removes cable clutter. A little bit less hard on my wrist and gets rid of the laser.
- There is both a Mac version and a Windows version with multitouch (it has basic functions in Linux and basic functions if you used the Windows for mac or vice versa).
3. Solid State Drive
- A solid state drive can increase the speed of computer
- I have installed SSDs on 3 my computers and a customer’s computer.
- It also increases energy efficiency and reduces heat
- They come from multiple manufacturers. Typically from companies that make memory and flash drives.
- I had to clean up unneeded program files and duplicate files before installing.
- I used disc duplication /imaging software that came with one of the drives.
- Also, I was able to mount it to the desktop computers since it came with an adapter mount even though they were both made for laptops.
- For my Macintosh computers I used Time Machine (Apple Macintosh’s automatic local backup program to external drive) to do the restore to the new drive.
- A 480 GB drive is the same as a 512 GB drive. (the 512 GB drive uses a different definition of GB)