Nate (Nathan E Steffenson).
Striving to make peoples technology experience better.
- Computer Science / Info Systems Bachelor of Arts degree with business management concentration from College of St. Scholastica
- Computer information technology, computer network administration, and computer programming Associate in Applied Science degrees and an Associate in Arts degree from Central Lakes College
- High School Diploma general studies with computer apps, networking, web design, news publication & aided physical education classes from Onamia High School
Business history highlights:
- 2017 a dedicated photo web site has been added again. Datacommuting ebook published. adapted updates for web hosting integration with my main web site.
- 2014 upgrades were made to the business listings, event listings, & classified ads on Brainerd Update – Onamia Area Website. – Milaca Area Website – TwinCitiesMN.com
- 2012. Added secure web site. New updated logo. Streamlined services eliminating paper based advertising and stopped driving fossil fuel vehicle. Started an over 4 year advertising campaign on a public transit bus. Expanded Digital Computer Help.
- 2011 Service Plans were added so customers and businesses can get more value and more easily set a budget computer / Information Technology (IT) services.
- 2010 web hosting and domain name registration was re-added as well as online backup plans. Remote help and support web based meetings were also added.
- 2009 Started posting videos on Nate’s YouTube Channel`
- 2008 Took photos for Onamia High School All School Reunion
- 2007 expanded business to computer help to customers other than contract naming it Nate’s Computer Services, working mainly with individuals and small business customers.
- 2006 Started taking photos for several Onamia High School Graduations
- 2005 started DVD transfers / digitizing old media.
- April 1999 business started with web sites, mainly onamia.com – Onamia Area Website using own name (Nathan Steffenson) . The sites included some news, basic information, email, business listings, and affiliate ads. Photography became part of the web site.
This business is currently self-employment and has no other employees.
More about Career:
- IT related temporary employment and contract work with part replacements, OS migrations, deploying new systems, and retail health checks/analysis.
- Computer careers and Computer Science /Information Systems internships designing databases for a tutoring service at Central Lakes College and an assistive housing provider. Computer network support internship at Onamia and Isle school districts, computer lab internship at Central Lakes College, and assisted computerizing a small business.
- Non-IT work included assisting with maintenance at Onamia Public Schools (Summers 1999, 2000, 2001), cleaning at a factory/office (2003), dish washing at a restaurant (2003), after school program in Brainerd(2015-2017, 2018 until 2020 layoffs), licensed substitute teacher including at Aitkin ISD 1. (Nov 17 2021) commissioner on the Brainerd Housing and Redevelopment Authority board(2010-2016).