- Bathroom tissue
- Recycled materials such as insulation, and ceiling tiles
- If it helps you to remember, write on scrap paper
- Cleaning materials (when used sparingly) – I use reusable cloths, and
eraser sponges(for what I can’t get out with reusable cloths) too. I go through about 1 roll of paper towels a year.I also sometimes use antistatic wipes. update: I no longer use the eraser sponges since I don’t have that huge a mess to clean up. I only use a few rolls of paper towels a year, but I’ve been counting and it is more than one. I also use a mop with a reusable cloth mop head that can be washed in clothes washing machine.
In addition to saving paper by not printing and asking places not to send me junk mail, I also look at the packaging I use.
- I buy bag cereal to reduce paperboard.
- I use Presto Popper so I use popcorn not the microwavable bags ( it does use a small piece of reusable paper, so it reduces paper not paperless).
- I wash my dishes instead of buying and throwing away paper or plastic ones.
- I use dryer balls instead of fabric softener or dryer sheets.
And to save plastic I use reusable bags, every time (too many people just buy them and forget to use them). To save on garbage bags, I use bread bags, produce bags, cereal bags (with a tie), and shopping bags(if somehow I got one anyway). To reduce carbon emissions and foreign oil, I use my bicycle, as well as many online services, and public transit.